There are many reasons I like this image. For example:
- It’s so colorful! Nobody matches and yet they all go together.
- The group isn’t posing for the picture. I prefer the personality of an unposed picture over ones where everyone is smiling for the camera.
- I like the face the bride is making. She seems like she’s really enjoying herself — and that’s how it should be on her wedding day.
- It’s interesting and unexpected that the bride isn’t in the center of the picture.
- Cute baby!
- I like the unusual color of the background. It makes me want to purchase a home with blue-green wood shingles.
For more tips on group portraits, check out our guide “How to Take a Family Portrait at a Wedding.”
Photo by Jen Huang Photography