- Pale green sunflowers, a croquembouche and a farm wedding? Yes, please. (Pictured above and below, The Sweetest Occasion)
- Trains and 1940s style equal one amazing engagement shoot. (OMG I’m Getting Married)
- The Aisle New York is a website dedicated to giving you designer wedding dresses at insider prices. Check it out and report back on how you like it! (Sparkle & Hay)
- In response to a marriage proposal via Groupon, Salon argues that social media proposals are more traditional than they might seem.
- In honor of Valentine’s Day, Glamour posted a love story from StoryCorps. It managed to warm my heart and break it all at once.
- Celebrity wedding planner Yifat Oren, who headed up our Recessionista wedding contest, is now working with Crate and Barrel on their Ultimate Wedding Contest. Enter to win a $100,000 wedding planned by Yifat. You can learn more about Yifat’s wedding style in her blog posts and the videos she made for us.
- Google is into wedding planning, which might be surprising if they weren’t into pretty much everything. They’ve teamed up with Style Me Pretty to offer 20 (easily shareable) Google Doc templates to help couples plan their wedding. I must admit, I find many of their innovations helpful as a wedding blogger — for example, the ability to search images by color. Here’s a search for “romantic wedding decor,” selecting the color pink. (Did you notice a pic from my blog came up first with that search? Hoooooray!!) And Google is also having a wedding giveaway: $25,000 toward your wedding and a consultation with wedding designer Michele Rago. Sorry, peeps, I don’t have the inside scoop on her like I do on Yifat.
Photos by White Loft Studio