For some regions, outdoor wedding season is here! So I’m providing a roundup of seriously helpful outdoor wedding information. I’m not even kidding about how helpful it is — most of it comes from top wedding professionals.
- Here are some excellent videos from Yifat Oren (Reese Witherspoon’s wedding planner) on what rental items you need to consider when having an outdoor wedding: “Outdoor Wedding Items” and the aptly named sequel “Outdoor Wedding Items 2.”
- Watch the video “Arrange Flowers for Outdoor Weddings” for information on what flowers work best for outdoor weddings. Hydrangeas, for example, don’t handle the elements very well. And here, you’ll find more information on flowers that can withstand heat, as well as tips for windy days.
- Here’s an extremely helpful article on considerations for throwing an outdoor Chicago wedding — there are wonderful non-Chicago-specific tips in there as well.
- Weather can wreak havoc on a cake. In this video, a baker talks about summer wedding cake ideas.
- Arches are the traditional spot for vows when having an outdoor wedding — so we have a video on wedding arch ideas, as well as a photo gallery on alternative altars with both outdoor and indoor ideas.
- Psssst! Find a local wedding planner/bakery/rental company/florist/outdoor venues here!
Photo by Jen Huang PhotographyPin It