As many of you contemplate engagement photos, I hope the fun photos above give you some ideas of just how many ways you can go with your photos. Here’s more thoughts/tips on engagement sessions:
- Engagement photos are often part of a wedding photo package, which means the price for an engagement session will be greatly reduced than if you were to purchase an engagement session on its own. Figure out who you want as your wedding photographer and then see what deals he or she offers on packages that include engagement photos.
- Engagement sessions serve a very practical purpose that many don’t think about: They get a couple accustomed to being in front of a camera and being directed by a photographer. They also give a photographer and the couple a chance to get comfortable with each other pre-wedding. If you’re on the fence about engagement photos, consider these factors and determine what that’s worth to you.
- Photos can take any form you want them to. They can be serious, romantic, playful, etc. Personally, I like the idea of an engagement shoot that’s strikingly different from the wedding photos. That’s why photos that tell a funny story, like the above, appeal to me.
- That said, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. If you want romance and playfulness in your photos, simply change outfits and get some photos of each. In the photos above, the session ends with the couple in their normal, non-thief clothing, posing for more traditional engagement photos. It strikes a nice balance.
And here’s more engagement photos to help you figure out what you want from yours:
- 17 of Our Favorite Engagement Photos + Engagement Photo Advice
- How to Choose an Outfit for Your Engagement Photos
- Fun Engagement Photos
- A Groom’s Perspective: 8 Rules of Engagement Photos (This one is funny.)
Photos by Amanda RyndaPin It